Future Networks Lab Challenge – pitch to Siemens and Arrow ElectronicsOpen date: Monday 13 January 2020 Close date: Wednesday 12 February 2020
Digital Catapult’s Future Networks Lab Challenge takes place on 11-12 March at Smart IoT 2020. As part of this unique opportunity, IoT startups will respond and pitch directly to industry challenges set by leading partners Siemens and Arrow Electronics. Startups can apply to join the programme with the potential to pitch solutions directly to challenge owners.
The competition focuses on two challenges under the overall theme of data validation and security in internet of things (IoT) networks, presented by Arrow Electronics and Siemens.
Siemens: Safeguarding data integrity from IoT networks in critical infrastructure
Siemens aims to extend industrial IoT security within critical national infrastructure, where data insights and secure transmission is required to ensure a nation’s vital functions such as energy, transportation, public health and communication. In this challenge, Siemens wants to identify solutions capable of fingerprinting the overall end-to-end data journey. Guaranteeing data provenance, the solution should be capable of tracking access control, auditing data as well as providing an inspection of protocols used and assessing data integrity.
To read about Siemens challenge and requirements in full please click here.
Arrow Electronics: Developing secure connected sensors for smarter factories
Many factories across the UK suffer from inefficiencies and reduced productivity due to limited methods for anticipating machine maintenance requirements. For this challenge, Arrow Electronics is intent on supporting factories to become smarter, by retrofitting facilities with secure IoT enabled sensors connected to an open platform that will offer a wider view of activities and potential failures in the manufacturing process.
To read about the Arrow Electronics challenge and requirements in full please click here.
Why get involved
This is a unique opportunity for innovative startups to work with some of the biggest names in manufacturing. The challenge programme enables successful applicants to:
- Pitch solutions to industry leaders and players in the digital and manufacturing sector with the potential for UK pilots
- Raise profile by gaining valuable presence and exposure at the industry recognised Smart IoT London 2020 (London ExCeL, 11-12 March 2020)
- Address specific solutions for industry players and apply products to real world challenges
- Refine understanding of industrial requirements and how solutions can be applied directly to these
- Connect with the startup community alongside, technology and industry experts and extend knowledge of industrial security and IoT solutions
Who should apply
Digital Catapult and its partners are looking for innovative startups or scaleups with cutting edge technologies. These may include companies specialising in:
- IoT devices or solutions including monitoring and asset tracking
- Cyber security
- Distributed ledger technologies (DLT)
- Data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI)
Please note that for each individual challenge the requirements and applications of technology do vary – check these before applying.
All applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Understanding of and response to the open call and challenge
- Feasibility of the solution proposed
- Expertise in the areas being addressed
- Expertise in the appropriate technology areas
IMPORTANT: Applicants must read the programme competition terms and conditions before submitting a full application. Important legal information can be found here regarding how applications will be assessed. Submission of an application will be taken as confirmation that challenge competition terms and conditions have been read by the applicant.
Applications of successful shortlisted companies will be passed on to respective challenge owners.
- Wednesday 12 February – open call closes
- Successful applicants will be confirmed (subject to terms and conditions and agreements) week commencing 17 February
- Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 March – Future Networks Lab Challenge at the Smart IoT London 2020 expo.
About Digital Catapult’s Future Networks Lab
The Future Networks Lab, launched in January 2019, is one of the first facilities in Europe created to support the adoption of leading edge network technologies to deliver value to UK industry in partnership with some of the most inspiring industry players.
This event is delivered and supported by Future Networks Lab partners including: Siemens, ServiceNow, Arrow Electronics and IBM.