About This Event
Join Digital Catapult, the UK authority on advanced digital technology, for the Digitalising Energy workshop. This workshop will launch Digital Catapult’s Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) round 3 campaign by bringing together a selection of innovators working across internet of things (IoT), hydrogen, artificial intelligence & machine learning (AI & ML) and quantum with industry partners to discuss and tackle the biggest challenges facing the energy industry today. These workshops will be centred on a particular theme and around the SIF challenges. The purpose of these sessions will be to ideate possible proposals for round 3 of SIF.
This workshop offers a unique opportunity for innovators to accelerate their path to securing funding for ground-breaking projects via the Strategic Innovation Fund. Discover how Digital Catapult can support your organisation throughout this journey and enhance the likelihood of a successful application.
For our industry partners such as DNOs, GNO, and transmission operators this workshop will give you the opportunity to meet and ideate with innovators and Digital Catapult to discover truly innovative digital ideas that meet the four challenges set by OFGEM and Innovate UK for round 3 of their SIF programme.
What to Expect?
The Digitalising Energy workshop will be a collaborative and interactive workshop that combines a wealth of shared knowledge and expertise in order to solve a specified energy challenge.
The workshop will involve breaking away into working groups, each of which will then tackle one of our main challenge areas through a facilitated session. The challenge areas that will be addressed are:
- Grid visualisation: Having the ability to visualise what is happening on the grid in real-time is a key requirement for round 3 of the SIF programme. In this workshop we will be focusing on the SIF Innovation challenge 3, heat and flexibility.
- Integration of hydrogen: There is no doubt that hydrogen offers many opportunities for the energy system of the future. In this workshop, we will be focusing on SIF innovation challenge 4 and innovative digital solutions that will help solve some of the challenges set out.
- Artificial intelligence & machine learning (AI & ML): As we obtain increasing amounts of data from across our energy system, what we do with this data is vital. In this workshop, we will be focusing on SIF innovation challenge area 2.
- Quantum and the energy industry: There is no doubt that quantum will play an important role in helping optimise the multi-vector energy system of the future. In this workshop, we will be proposing a project to start looking at how this might happen.
Attendees will have the opportunity to delve into these challenges and collaborate in order to find a solution, before reconvening with the wider group to reflect and present the outcomes of these discussions.
- Interactive workshops: Engage in hands-on sessions and collaborative activities that will sharpen your innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.These workshops will be centred on a particular theme and around the SIF challenges. The purpose of these sessions will be to ideate possible proposals for round 3 of SIF. If taken forward the Digital Catapult bid team will lead the application using their expert knowledge of applying for SIF projects.
- Gain insider knowledge: Benefit from expert insights and best practices shared by industry leaders, who have successfully navigated the competitive landscape. Learn the strategies and tactics that can boost your company on the journey to securing grant funding.
- Networking opportunities: Connect with like-minded professionals from a range of different technological backgrounds, as well as large industry leaders, all of which share the same goal of building a more sustainable future.
Who Should Attend?
Digital Catapult is looking for innovators that are seeking to utilise their technological capabilities and collaborate through solution ideation in order to solve specific energy related challenges.
In particular, this workshop will be of interest to digital innovators, startups, small and medium businesses working within the internet of things, hydrogen, artificial intelligence & machine learning and quantum.
09:30 – Arrival and Welcome Coffee
10:00 – Introduction to Digital Catapult
Nick Wright, Director of Market Development, Digital Catapult
10:05 – Innovation in the Energy Market
Loic Hares, Energy Lead at Digital Catapult
10:15 – Workshops
12:00 – Networking Lunch
12:40 – Workshops Continued
14:15 – Report Back and Summarise Results
14:30 – Next Steps and Closing Remarks
Loic Hares, Energy Lead at Digital Catapult
14:40 – Networking
15:30 – End
101 Euston Rd, Kings Cross, London, NW1 2RA
4 Jan 2023
20 Apr 2022
17 Jun 2016