Artificial Intelligence for Visual Arts and Media – a Creative Industries Showcase
Date: 29 April 2021 09:00 - 29 April 2021 12:00
The UK has world leading creative and digital sectors, contributing over £100 billion each to the economy. Artificial intelligence (AI) has the potential to drastically change the creative industries to accelerate new possibilities and push the boundaries for visual arts and media. This includes some of the world’s most innovative AI companies and most successful producers of film, music, and video games.
Join us on Thursday 29 April as the Machine Intelligence Garage programme presents its creative cohort Demo Day. This pitching event will explore the barriers to adoption, uncover the opportunities AI offers the industry and shine a spotlight on 11 of the UK’s leading AI creative startups with market-ready solutions.
Who should attend:
This unique event will provide individuals within the creative industries the opportunity to understand how AI solutions can be applied into your company and gather insights into the benefits of wider industry adoption.
In particular it will be of interest to:
- Companies interested in buying and applying creative AI led products/services matched to your business needs and requirements.
- Key commercial partners working within the creative industries interested in startups working in the visual arts and media industries
- Investors with an interest in AI technologies and the creative industries
Companies within the creative industries of relevance include:
- Media companies
- Broadcaster and streaming services
- Film and animation studios
- AAA to medium gaming developers and studios
- Content producers
- Music label and production companies
Presented by Machine Intelligence Garage’s creative cohort, the 11 exciting startups solutions are built around the novel use of AI and ML for the creative industries; from audio recognition and video enrichment, to 3D meshing, interactive storytelling and bringing TV characters to life.
Each company has been through a thorough programme of activities to further accelerate and refine their offerings and develop market-ready solutions.
To find out more about the companies presenting and their leading AI solutions download the PDF here.
Attendees will get a chance to:
- Hear the opening keynote from the BBC on Responsible AI.
- Listen to the pitches of some of the most exciting AI startups working in the creative industries
- Learn from a focused panel discussion on the key barriers for AI adoption in the creative industries and how to bridge the gap between startup innovation and the real needs of the media industry attended by NVIDIA, RYOT Studios, Wild Meta and DPP.
09:00 – 09:15 Introduction and opening keynote
09:15 – 10:00 Startups pitch and demo part 1
10:00 – 10:10 Break
10:10 – 11:00 Startups pitch and demo part 2
11:00 – 11:30 Panel discussion on “The key barriers for AI adoption in the creative industries”
11:30 – 11:45 Conclusion