Advanced Media Production
The UK’s first network of advanced media production studios built to enable research and innovation
The Advanced Media Production (AMP) network, developed by Digital Catapult and Target3D and funded by Innovate UK, represents the UK’s first interconnected 5G enabled facility designed to explore research and innovation capabilities in media production.
The network, formed by studios at PROTO in Gateshead and Dock Street in London interconnected to additional capabilities at Digital Catapult HQ, is at the forefront of UK innovation and will lead the way in how convergent technologies and virtual environments will transform media production, creating new workflows and production tooling.
The Advanced Media Production network exists to harness the power of technology and creativity to entertain, inform, and inspire audiences while pushing the boundaries of what is possible in storytelling and visual communication.
Its mission is to advance the creative potential of industries and individuals.
In particular, it will:
- Help make the UK the best place in the world to produce new content and champion the UK’s creative ecosystem
- Bolster regional growth and capabilities, creating centres of excellence for research and skills development
- Develop and converge new technologies and workflows in the marketplace
The Advanced Media Production network offers a wide range of benefits for creators:
- Enabling creativity: advanced media production tools provide creators with increased flexibility and control over their artistic vision. It allows them to experiment with new techniques, styles, and formats, pushing the boundaries of creativity.
- Improved quality: advanced media production technologies enable the creation of high-quality media content. From higher resolution video and audio to sophisticated visual effects and post-production, advanced tools help deliver polished and professional-grade media.
- Real-time collaboration: advanced production tools facilitate working together in real-time, enabling teams to work seamlessly across multiple locations through the high-speed network connection. This collaborative approach enhances creativity and efficiency in media production.
- Efficiency and sustainability: advanced media production tools streamline the production process, allowing for greater efficiency, flexibility and faster turnaround times, enhancing productivity and reducing production costs.
- R&D and skills development: Advanced media production capabilities foster skills development and create employment opportunities through advanced training and development. By leveraging cutting-edge media technologies and techniques, creators can boost creative possibilities, advancing content and showcasing new talent.
Who is it for
The Advanced Media Production studios and capabilities are open to businesses and organisations of all sizes including universities and skills providers, digital agencies, filmmakers, games developers and production studios.
The facilities are also open to individuals who wish to explore, research and share projects, by accessing the unique combination of technologies and leading-edge expertise in virtual production, 3D technology, motion capture, photogrammetry, compute, 5G private networks, and XR equipment.
Watch the Advanced Media Production network launch video now
On 20 September 2023, Digital Catapult and Target3D launched the Advanced Media Production network. By leveraging cutting-edge technology and a pioneering connected network, the Advanced Media Production studios offer a comprehensive suite of capabilities, allowing creators to bring their visions to life with unprecedented precision and creativity. Utilising a sophisticated private 5G network, the UK’s first interconnected 5G-enabled studio provides a permanent facility that will enable different types of media content to be created at the same time, empowering remote content direction, fostering national and international collaboration, and improving efficiencies during the production process.
Advanced Media Production – Gateshead
PROTO, Abbott’s Hill, Baltic Quarter, Gateshead, NE8 3DF
Advanced Media Production – Dock Street
Target3D, 11C Dock Street, London, E1 8JN
In collaboration with
Register your interest
To find out more about the Advanced Media Production studios and capabilities, register your interest using the form below and we’ll be in touch:
Discover how Digital Catapult introduced Megaverse to the new immersive initiative—the Advanced Media Production Network. Explore the Broadcast Tech finalist-nominated…
30 Oct 2023
National Cyber-Physical Infrastructure leads cross-sector collaboration for connected digital twin, robotics and metaverse innovations
A new collaboration to amplify innovations, break down silos and build a shared vision for cyber-physical system innovation in the…
Digital Catapult CEO, Jeremy Silver, announced his intention to step down in March 2024, after what will be eight years…
This three month long programme is looking for a company to explore the potentials of a “digital-twin”, based on data…
This report looks at the state of UK industry in areas of metaverse-Web3 convergence, and how companies in the UK…
13 Jun 2023
2 Jun 2023
NVIDIA, Digital Catapult and nine startups will explore new advancements in technology tools in the West of England