Digital supply chain hub – Making UK supply chains work smarterOpen date: Wednesday 25 May 2022 Close date: Sunday 3 July 2022
About Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain Hub
The Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain Hub is a digital innovation ecosystem that empowers individuals and organisations to work together to make supply chains smarter. The Hub will transform UK manufacturing by accelerating digital innovation – making supply chains more efficient, resilient and sustainable.
We’re harnessing the power of UK manufacturing, brining businesses and researchers together to develop new solutions, tackling sector specific and industry wide challenges, and building a powerful UK supply chain community.
Call to action summary
With up to £40,000 available for research challenges, and up to £80,000 for technology led proof of value solutions, participants will gain access to the funding, expertise and technical support needed to solve some of the biggest supply chain challenges.
Challenge opportunities now open to applications
- Research Challenge – Supply chain collaboration– This challenge welcomes researchers to access how technology can generate better supply chain governance and trust
- Research Challenge – Supply chain resilience– This challenge welcomes researchers to explore how supply chain resilience should be measured using digital advanced technology
- Technology Challenge – Sustainable supply chain– This proof of value technology challenge invites technology applicants to support the measurement of scope 3 emissions across end-to-end
- Technology Challenge – Supply chain mapping – This proof of value technology challenge invites technology applicants to explore automated mapping of supply chains to Tier N at bill of materials (BoM) level.
- Technology Challenge – Supply chain imbalances– This proof of value technology challenge asks technology innovators to explore intelligent supply and demand sensing for planning.
Who should apply
The programme welcomes applications from:
- UK startups, scaleups, SME technology innovators capable of developing technology proof of value solutions that address: Supply chain sustainability, supply chain mapping, and supply and demand imbalances.
- UK researchers and academics capable of developing research frameworks and models that address: Supply chain collaboration, and supply chain resilience.
Why get involved
Successful applicants to the programme will have access to:
Challenge focused funding: Up to £40,000 for research framework and models challenges and £80,000 for technology proof of value solutions
Technology and industry expertise: Access and engagement with technology experts, researchers, and innovation managers from Digital Catapult
Peer to peer learning: Working with a cohort of exciting companies made up of talented entrepreneurs from across a wide range of sectors
Showcase events: Opportunity to participate, pitch and attend meetings at the showcase event at the end of the year 2022
Backed by industry: A programme backed by UK industry, you’ll be working with best-in-class challenge sponsors tackling real world challenges for UK supply chains
State- of-the-art-facilities: For the duration of the programme access to Digital Catapult’s state-of-the-art Labs in London (subject to availability and site terms and under the discretion of Digital Catapult)