CreativeXR Market – 10 OctoberOpen date: Sunday 4 August 2019 Close date: Thursday 5 September 2019
On 9–10 October, Digital Catapult and Arts Council England present the CreativeXR Showcase and Market two day event. This event will bring together the heart of the immersive commissioning community to experience and meet with the best of the UK’s creative content creators.
The CreativeXR Market on the 10 October will welcome immersive teams from outside of the CreativeXR programme to pitch their strong virtual, augmented or mixed reality content focused projects to a global collection of commissioners, distributors, funders and industry stakeholders. Applications to pitch are now open to immersive teams.
The two day CreativeXR Showcase and Market will include:
- 09 October – CreativeXR Showcase and Market – The current 20 CreativeXR Teams demonstrate, showcase and pitch their final prototypes delivered on the programme
- 10 October – CreativeXR Market – 10 selected teams outside of the CreativeXR programme will pitch and attend pre-arranged one-to-one meetings
Please note: This open call is for companies to pitch at the event. Commissioners, corporates and industry stakeholders looking to attend please click here.
Selected teams for the CreativeXR Market day will pitch on the 10 October 2019. This event will include:
- Networking sessions including breakfast and lunch
- Pitch sessions for each of the selected teams – pitches are to be no longer than five minutes
- Bespoke one-to-one meetings with highly regarded experts and influential figures attending on the day
- An evening drinks reception for all attendees (location TBC)
Why get involved?
The CreativeXR Market provides a unique opportunity and platform for selected teams outside of the CreativeXR programme to pitch their immersive content and to attend pre-arranged one-to-one meetings with some of the most respected and experienced decision makers in the immersive space and creative industries.
CreativeXR is an industry leading programme for the immersive ecosystem with the CreativeXR Showcase and Market being one of the only events of its kind attended by a global collection of commissioners, distributors, funders and industry stakeholders all under one roof. Having recognised this opportunity, Digital Catapult and Arts Council England are pleased to open applications for 10 selected teams outside of the programme. This activity will both complement the programme and further benefit the growth and investment in the immersive community.
Decision makers and attendees of the event will include:
- Headset manufacturers and technology companies
- International broadcasters and film and media funds
- Museums, galleries and performing arts venues
- Film and arts festival curators
- Brands and agencies
The 2018 CreativeXR Showcase and Market welcomed attendees from the BBC, BFI, Creative England, Google, HTC Vive, Tate, National Gallery, London and Partners and the Royal Academy of Arts.
Additionally, selected teams will receive:
- Discounted access to Digital Catapult’s Immersive Lab and other facilities
- Exposure through Arts Council England and Digital Catapult’s press release and social media channels
Who should apply?
Development stage of project
Projects being entered for application to the CreativeXR Showcase and Market must be in the advanced stages of development (at the very least a prototype ready for public viewing), preferably with some investment or partnerships secured.
Type of project
We encourage consumer facing experiences enabled by immersive technologies (VR, AR and MR), that are actively looking for investment. These may include:
- Artistic pieces
- Cultural experiences (including those inspired by museum, gallery, library or heritage experiences)
- New forms of storytelling (fiction or nonfiction)
- New forms of interactive entertainment
Content may be intended for in-home use (i.e. distributed online) or location-based use (i.e. part of a physical installation) and delivered using*:
- Virtual reality (including 360 video) technology
- Augmented/mixed reality technology
- Immersive audio technology
*Experiences may be extended with haptic or other sensory systems.
Successful applicants will be selected to pitch on 10 October – pitches must not exceed five minutes. The CreativeXR Market day is a pitch opportunity not a showcase or demonstration.
How to apply
To apply for the Showcase and Market please complete the below form to register your interest. Upon completion you’ll be sent the full application form. Only upon submission of this full application form, will applications be considered for the CreativeXR Market.
Applications close 05 September 2019 at midnight.
Before you submit the form, please make sure that you have read:
- The CreativeXR Showcase and Market FAQs to answer any questions you may have
- The CreativeXR Showcase and Market Terms and Conditions
Please note: Applicants will be asked to provide detailed information around the project’s concept, business plan, lead biographies, budget outlining and financing plans.
If you experience any problems or do not receive the application email please email [email protected]