Meet us at: Connected Britain
Date: 24 September 2020 09:25 - 24 September 2020 10:10
Digital Catapult is pleased to announce it will be taking part in this year’s Connected Britain bringing together the biggest players in UK connectivity across 23-25 September 2020.
Connected Britain is the UK’s leading connectivity event, covering full-fibre and 5G rollouts, the digital economy, smart cities and digital infrastructure development, digital inclusion and the evolving enterprise ICT landscape. This year’s Connected Britain conference will bring together the entire UK connectivity ecosystem to one easy-to-use platform, featuring more than 60 hours of curated content, from over 250 innovators and disruptors in the telecoms sector. Those who join will be able to access all Connected Britain content from the comfort of their own homes through a special, AI-enhanced virtual platform.
Digital Catapult at Connected Britain
Digital Catapult works to stimulate innovation using 5G to benefit industry and the UK economy in three main ways:
- Building and operating 5G testbeds, in London, the West Midlands and Brighton
- Running the 5G Testbed Accelerator programme
- Engagement and strategic partnership with academia, to ensure that UK research remains at the forefront of technology advances
The advent of 5G: Making the Industrial IoT a reality | Wednesday, 23 September 2020, 15:25 – 16:25
This session is focused on discussing Industry 4.0 and how the manufacturing sector can capitalise on industrial IoT opportunities, the role 5G plays in enabling IoT, and telco’s role in delivering IoT.
- Moderator: James Heaphy, Head of Programme Delivery – Technology, GSMA
- Catherine Michel, CTO, Halma
- Andy Rowland, Head of Digital Manufacturing, BT
- Alex Gluhak, Head of Technology – IoT, Digital Catapult
Digital UK: How important is 5G for the delivery of UK Digital Strategy? | Thursday, 24 September 2020, 10:25
This session will explore how government and industry are collaborating to accelerate digital transformation in the UK as well as what we can learn from digital pioneers.
- Moderator: Matthew Evans, Director – Markets, techUK
- David Homer, Senior Client Partner, Capita
- Dritan Kaleshi, 5G Fellow, Head of Technology – 5G, Digital Catapult
- Rosalind Singleton, Chair, UK5G
5G solutions for Industry – real world examples – with Ericsson, Seagate, Siemens and Tharsus – | Thursday, 24 September, 14:05
Hear from early 5G adopters, Siemens, Seagate and Tharsus in the industrial settings as they share experiences, tangible results and the value that 5G will bring to their businesses in this session focused on the Ericsson and Digital Catapult Industrial 5G Accelerator. The audience will have an opportunity to hear first hand experiences from the programme partners as well as understand the opportunities that 5G will bring to the UK economy and aid recovery.
- Dr Nick Wright, Head of Manufacturing Industries, Digital Catapult
- Iain Thornhill, VP – Service Providers & IOT, Ericsson
- Dave Swan, CTO, Tharsus
- Lester Kelly, Senior Staff Innovation, Automation & Controls Engineer, Seagate
- Carl German, Advanced Manufacturing Strategic Lead, Siemens Digital Industries
How to get involved?
If you would like to join Digital Catapult at this year’s Connected Britain conference, please book your ticket here.