Date: 15 September 2017 08:00 - 10 October 2017 09:00
Building on the success of our creative industries, the UK is ideally placed to be a world-leader for immersive technology.
To make this a reality, we need to support the next wave of businesses leading the way in this field and ensure that UK plc is recognised internationally yet also locally accessible around the globe.
Digital Catapult is working with the DIT and Immerse UK to deliver a workshop to aid UK augmented and virtual reality SMEs who are ready to export to international markets, or may be looking to do so in the next 18 months.
NB: This event is open to UK SMEs, however Digital Catapult is working with DIT, so this workshop is specifically relevant to companies based in England. If you are based in any of the devolved nations you will still be considered, and introductions to relevant regional equivalent departments will be made.
- Applications Open – Friday, 15 Sept
- Applications Close – Wednesday, 4 Oct @ 5:00 pm
- Notification by Friday, 7 Oct @ 12:00 pm
- Workshop – Tuesday, 10 Oct @ 10:00 am
Participating startups will gain:
- An understanding of how to engage with DIT and government investment departments.
- Visibility of forthcoming missions and sectors currently being targeted for AR/VR.
- How to protect intellectual property when working globally.
To take part startups must be:
- Getting ready to sell overseas and looking to do so within the next 12 months.
- Have reasonable resource, including finance, to support export.
- Have begun to consider an export plan.
- 10:00 – Coffee and Registration
- 10:30 – Welcome:
- Aurelien Simon, Head of Immersive or Jeremy Silver, CEO at Digital Catapult
- 10:45 – Introduction to DIT and forthcoming missions:
- Neil Semple, Head of Creative Content at Department for International Trade
- 11:15 – Trade services and regional support:
- Timo Weber, International Trade Adviser at DIT
- 1145 – Immerse UK and Immersive International:
- Fiona Kilkelly
- 12:15 – Networking