Growing the UK cyber security industry: Cyber 101 investor showcase
Date: 13 February 2019 08:30 - 13 February 2019 12:00
Fundamental to driving early adoption of advanced digital technologies is the need to build trust in technology and the solutions it provides. The Cyber 101 programme and its cohort are at the heart of building this development and creating value through a wide range of cyber security products and solutions.
Cyber 101 is part of DCMS funded activity to grow the UK’s cyber security industry. Through Bootcamps, Deep Dive workshops, and Demo Days, the programme provides cyber security startups with high impact, intensive, and tailored support to enhance their go-to-market and finance strategies.
For the Cyber 101 investor showcase, Digital Catapult is proud to present a selection of companies from the programme. The companies presented are currently seeking investment from late seed through to Series A.
Who should attend?
This is an invite-only event for:
- Venture capitalists and representatives of investment funds
- Corporate venture firms and representatives of corporates
- Angel syndicates, networks and groups
- Individual angel investors and high net-worth individuals
- Accelerators and incubators
A few of companies presenting on the day:
- Demonetising online piracy, this company secures the ad supply chain for brands and stay IP risk compliant. Its product, powered by artificial intelligence, analyses and scores websites/apps infringing IP. The resulting real time trust index gives transparency on high-risk pages, guiding advertisers, search engines, internet service providers (ISPs), stopping revenue to criminals.
- The probability of wireless interference in critical data transmission is increasing every day. This company is developing solutions for securing and hardening of such wireless communications. Its main focus is the immediate detection and pinpointing of radio interference sources that may be incidental or deliberate.
- A company that helps small and medium businesses reduce security and licensing risks with its vulnerability scanner. Its customers benefit from a fast, easy, and affordable solution to secure the open source components of the software as it uses automation to keep operating costs low.
- Founded by a former member of law enforcement, this digital forensics company helps law enforcement catch dangerous criminals by finding digital evidence 100 times faster than current methods, doing in seconds or minutes what currently takes hour or days. This reduces investigation risks whilst saving vital resources.
- Focussed on the utilities and manufacturing sectors, this company develops innovative software tools to reduce the disruption caused by cyber incident response and digital forensics. By minimising the disruption it reduces the costs to the business, and to society.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be invited to join the showcase please register your interest below and we’ll get back to you.
All Cyber 101 companies have been through a rigorous selection process and subsequent programme to support and develop their business growth, these companies are leading in the industry and are all investment ready.
A little more info
The Cyber 101 investor showcase is supported by the British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA) and UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA).
Find out more about the Cyber 101 programme here.
If you are interested in attending this event, please register below. Please note, registering does not guarantee attendance. Your registration will be reviewed and you may be asked to confirm your interest in attending as an investor.