Cyber 101: Business skills bootcamps for cyber security startups and scaleups
Date: 19 May 2020 08:00 - 19 May 2020 16:30
Due the current situation with COVID-19, this event will take place online.
Cyber 101: Business skills bootcamps for cyber security startups and scaleups.
The programme is designed to sharpen business skills, refine strategies and help propel rising cyber security businesses to success. It further connects successful applicants with industry mentors, corporate buyers, peers and investors.
Cyber 101 is a national government funded programme running from January 2017 – March 2021 as part of DCMS funded activity to grow the UK’s cyber security sector and the capability of cyber security startups and scaleups.
An intensive one-day bootcamp: Online attendees to this webinar will receive tutoring and tailored advice from industry experts on how to develop and scale up their cyber business. Including a diverse range of topics linked to establishing and growing a successful cyber security businesses, raising capital and access to a wider network of public and private customers.
Who should attend?
This online workshop has been designed for all levels of cyber security businesses; from established startups looking to refine business propositions to mature companies seeking feedback and advice on market position.
Digital Catapult is interested in hearing from cyber security companies operating across all UK sectors with existing product or service offerings.
Successful applicants will be invited to remotely attend an intensive one-day online workshop designed to help support cyber security enterprises hone business skills in an open innovation environment. Topics will be followed by one-to-one mentoring sessions industry leaders, allowing startups and scaleups to build close connections with peers as well as the mentors.
Attendees will get the opportunity to:
- Receive tailored expert advice on different topics. These topics include: development of an effective value proposition, market validation, sales and marketing techniques, international expansion, finance and capital and business models.
- Build new relationships with customers, partners and peers.
Furthermore, selected companies that successfully complete the workshop will be shortlisted for an annual demo day, which will providing a direct opportunity to pitch to potential customers and investors. The demo day will be facilitated by Inogesis (formerly VTC), The Accelerator Network and White Horse Capital.
Submit an application to Cyber 101 via the form below. The deadline to apply is Sunday 17 May.
- Places will be allocated to those with the most appropriate needs, expertise, services and products in line with the open call.
- Digital Catapult aims to respond to all applications within seven days of the call closing. However applications will be reviewed on receipt and places may be allocated before the closing date.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a brief telephone interview to judge suitability.
- Please be advised that experts from the Cyber 101 team will assess applications using three criteria: fit to Cyber 101 requirements, domain expertise, and maturity. Assessment is based on information provided in the application form only.
For more information on Cyber 101 and our bootcamps, please visit cyber101.digicatapult.org.uk