Supporting early stage businesses developing innovative and commercially-focused augmented reality and virtual reality products
Augmentor is a 12-week programme delivering technical and business mentorship, access to state-of-the-art immersive facilities and regular check-ins with investors.
Augmentor is aimed at the next generation of companies developing innovative, commercially focused applications for augmented and virtual reality. Bringing together investors, commercial partners and early-stage companies, it aims to accelerate UK investment in immersive technologies, their development and adoption by industry.
Up to ten companies selected to participate in the programme will receive 12 weeks of support from Digital Catapult and partners, to help them fine-tune their technology and business proposition ahead of pitching to investors at a showcase. Propositions can be relevant to any sector, but the ideas must be commercially viable.
- Masterclasses: Exclusive masterclasses to accelerate the development of your business
- Access to Facilities: Access to Digital Catapult’s state-of-the-art immersive facilities including the Immersive Labs
- Research: Introductions to leading universities to lead collaborative research and development with PhD students
- Sales and Partnerships: Digital Catapult opens doors to public sector and larger businesses
- Investment: Discover alternative sources of funding, build relationships with leading investors and pitch at an exclusive investment showcase
2017 & 2018 Augmentor impact:
- Participants raising over £3.1 million in funding from investors
- The development of a diverse range of businesses with tools or solutions applicable to design, e-commerce, education, entertainment, healthcare, hardware, sports and simulation.
- Support from over 50 mentors from investment firms and the immersive community, the majority in executive roles.
- 160 investors engaging at the Augmentor investor showcase through company pitches that were recorded and shared with all registrants.
- 120 Applications from 10 countries, including the United Kingdom, the United States of America, France, Spain and India.
Read more about the programme at augmentor.co.uk
Investors and partners
Augmentor has been instrumental in supporting new and early stage VR/AR startups in the UK - Dave Haynes