Smart Anything Everywhere: FED4SAE IoT European Showcase
Date: 11 February 2020 09:00 - 11 February 2020 16:00
Join Digital Catapult on Tuesday 11 February as we bring together pioneering European internet of things (IoT) startups from the FED4SAE programme with investors and executives for a day of demos, pitches and networking. These startups have the potential to change the way we live and work and offer a huge opportunity for UK businesses to adopt and develop IoT technology to form the next generation of digital infrastructure.
IoT is transforming industries and cities and offers benefits including better performance, increased uptime, leaner processes or reduced environmental footprint as well as a better quality of life. IoT in smart cities and new business models have been already demonstrated through proof of concepts.
Future networks technologies, including IoT, provide greater insights to help reduce energy consumption, provide reassurance to workers, enhance equipment maintenance and lifetime and enable many other improvements to the way we work and live through new ways to generate, transmit and understand data.
What is FED4SAE
FED4SAE – Smart Anything Everywhere: facilitates the development of new IoT solutions, products and businesses in five main application domains: smart health, smart city, smart manufacturing, smart mobility and smart transportation.
This event will present state-of-the-art solutions which were selected through three open calls on a European wide basis since 2017. They all use advanced platforms from companies such as Intel, ST, Microelectronics or Thales and with the appropriate partnerships and funding are ready to go to market within the next 12 months. Digital Catapult in partnership with FED4SAE, provides industry stakeholders and investors an opportunity to gain exposure to promising startups from across Europe and the UK.
Digital Catapult will deliver an industry showcase event – attendees will be able to learn and discuss with a panel of experts the challenges in bringing industrial IoT products to market. The event will be complemented and opportunities brought to life as the FED4SAE startups pitch and demo their innovative solutions. Finally the event will conclude with the opportunity for one-to-one meetings and networking opportunities with the IoT community.
Who should attend?
The FED4SAE showcase is exclusively designed for the following industry players:
- Corporate partners
- Venture capitalists and representatives of investment funds
- Corporate venture firms and representatives of corporates
- Angel syndicates, networks and groups
- Individual angel investors and high net-worth individuals
- Relevant academics
- Local government and representatives from government
- 09:00 – Registration, networking and breakfast
- 09:30 – Introduction by Digital Catapult
- 09:45 – Panel discussion: Bringing Industrial IoT products to market: The realities and challenges
- 10:30 – Introduction to the FED4SAE programme and pitches
- 10:40 – Pitches (part 1)
- 11:20 – Coffee break
- 11:30 – Pitches (part 2)
- 12:10 – Lunch and networking
- 13:00 – Demos, more networking and one-to-one meetings
- 15:45 – Closing remarks and event close
- Moderator: Dr. Alex Gluhak, Head of Technology IoT, Digital Catapult
- Steve Hodges, Senior Principal Researcher, Microsoft
- Pilgrim Beart, CEO, DevicePilot
- Carrie Babcock, Investment Manager, Beringea
- Christine Chen, Senior Manager Solutions Consulting, Ciena
Startup companies pitching:
- Energica Motor is a unique manufacturer in the world of high-performing and state-of-the-art electric motorcycles
- Protolab srl produces smart sensor for monitoring of scoliosis treatment braces
- Bettair ® is a platform as a service (PaaS) for mapping air pollution in cities on a previously unimaginable scale, based on a large deployment of outstandingly accurate gas sensors by using an advanced post-processing algorithm.
- Glanta – Surewash is a cost-effective hand hygiene training system that teaches the WHO technique to organisations to help achieve compliance, reduce the risk of infections and improve patient outcomes
- OTA Analytics offers smart rainwater management systems
- ISSD Electronics develops digital signal processing, software development and electronic design and provides solutions for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Kalmia offers a wide range of custom blockchain development services from building Alpha versions for ICOs, to building smart contracts and apps
- OMTLAB Ltd develops an indoor positioning platform, the SUNSTONE RTLS for manufacturing and logistics industry geo-localisation solutions
- App Checkbnb SL develops a measurement system based on energy consumption sensors that controls energy supervision for rental properties for guests and owners
- IoT Solutions Group Ltd IoT Solutions develop smart IoT solutions for smart parking, waste management and water safety decisions in smart cities
- Genport srl combines Hydrogen-powered Fuel Cells and Lithium Ion Batteries with an Energy Optimization Engine to provide Smart Diagnostics Capabilities and Predictive Controls
- HOPU offers a solution to support urban design and help cities in their fight for climate change mitigation based on advanced IoT sensors for air quality and artificial intelligence
- The Convex Lens offers solutions for statutory building compliance and emergency lighting testing, replacing human input with automated wireless sensors.
A little more info
FED4SAE is part of the Smart-Anything-Everywhere Initiative under the Horizon 2020 Leadership in Enabling Industrial Technologies (LEIT). The three year project aims to facilitate the acceleration of European cyber-physical system (CPS) solutions to market and will boost digitisation of European industry by strengthening companies’ competitiveness in the CPS market.
Find out more about the FED4SAE programme here
All of the companies that are part of the FED4SAE project have been through a rigorous process, pitching workshops and subsequent programme to support and develop their business growth. These companies are leading in the industry and will be assessed for investment readiness.
Please note by registering interest applicants are not guaranteed attendance. We may be in contact to further understand areas of interest and expectations for the day. Applications will be reviewed and places confirmed prior to the event.