Offshore Wind Digitalisation Council: Launch event
Date: 25 September 2019 07:00 - 25 September 2019 15:30
The offshore wind industry is an abundant producer of big data and sits on the cusp of its own digital revolution. In order to spearhead this drive, the Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Catapult is launching the Offshore Wind Digitalisation Council at Digital Catapult on 25 September.
The Council’s work in its first year will be prioritise the development of a digital transformation roadmap and cyber security standards for the UK offshore wind industry, as well as launching real-world data integration studies and a Disruptive Digital Technology Taskforce to incubate market entrants.
Why should you attend
At the launch, guests will be able to find out more about the Council’s aims and how they can become a member. There will also be the opportunity to hear from industry speakers and to network with industry players and experts from across the digital technology and renewable energy spaces.
By joining the Offshore Wind Digitalisation Council, you will be able to influence its policy and participate in projects at the UK’s digital and energy cutting edge.
Council members will help to:
- Generate wind industry innovation projects by identifying data driven challenges, addressing them through pilot projects and sharing the results
- Push knowledge and expertise across the digital technology and renewable energy spaces, sharing ideas, skills and data along the way
- Forge relationships as we connect disruptive digital businesses and thought leaders with wind industry data owners and operators
- 08:30 – Registration
- 09:00 – Keynotes
- ORE Catapult introduction to the Wind Digitalisation Council
- Explanation of logistics and outputs of workshops at this event
- 10:30 – Break
- 11:00 – Workshop 1:Digital maturity of the wind industry
- 12:00 – Workshop 2: Integration of data
- 13:00 – Lunch
- 14:00 – Workshop 3 – Cyber security
- 15:00 – Workshop 4 – Disruptive Digital Technology Task Force
- 16:00 – Presentation of outputs and next steps
To register your interest for this event, please click here.