Insights from Mobile World Congress 2019
Date: 4 April 2019 17:00 - 4 April 2019 19:30
MWC Barcelona (formerly known as Mobile World Congress) — the world’s biggest and most influential mobile event, took place from 25-28 February 2019. The GSMA estimates this year there were 109,000 visitors from more than 200 countries and territories.
This year’s show is titled MWC19 Barcelona: Intelligent Connectivity. It showcased “Real 5G,” foldable devices, artificial intelligence, the internet of things (IoT), automotive integration, drones, blockchain, policy and regulation, and many other topics. 2019 also marks the third year of the Women4Tech event, which focused on reducing the gender gap and championing diversity in the mobile industry.
For those who weren’t able to make it to Barcelona, Women in Telecoms & Technology has once again assembled a panel of experts to bring news and views from the 2019 show.
WiTT founder and board director Stephanie Liston will lead the panel. We are delighted to announce that she will be joined by:
- Dr. Mike Short, Chief Scientific Adviser at the Department for International Trade;
- Geraldina Iraheta, Director Of Business Development, Digital Catapult;
- Louise Lancaster, 5G Testbeds & Trials / Joint Head of Barrier Busting Task Force at Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS);
- Kim Viljoen, Insights Manager, Mobile for Development, GSMA; and
- Gilli Coston, Senior Vice President – EMEA Sales, KORE Wireless.
- 6:00-7:00pm: Drinks and networking
- 7:00-8:00pm: Panel
- 8:15: Wrap up and more networking
As a special treat, the evening will include tours of Digital Catapult’s Future Networks Lab.
To learn more and register to the event, click here.