INITIATE workshop: How to engage with future internet testbeds
Date: 16 March 2020 09:00 - 16 March 2020 15:30
On 16 March, 2020, Digital Catapult will host the INITIATE workshop, providing technology companies and startups a unique opportunity to meet academic partners and explore how future internet technologies can enable the development of new products and services.
The workshop will focus on how startups and larger technology companies can collaborate with the specialist INITIATE distributed testbed to facilitate the increasingly large and complex experimentation required for future networks research.
Workshop attendees will learn how to take advantage of some of the most advanced connected technologies and use the testbed to facilitate product research and development.
As an open workshop attendees will be able to discuss their unique requirements and help shape further development of the distributed testbed. The workshop will allow engagement with experts in 5G and future networks research from partnering universities creating collaborative relationships for testing and research and shared learnings between industry and academia.
The event will also feature demonstrative proof of concepts (PoC) already built on the testbed.
Who should attend?
The event has been designed for technology companies, startups and academic partners who will benefit from future networks technologies from across the UK, this event is attended by application only.
Future networks technologies discussed at this event and part of the INITIATE project include;
- optical networks
- wireless/RF communications
- internet of things (IoT)
- software defined networking (SDN)
- network function virtualisation (NFV)
- cloud computing
Startups can already be operating in these areas or be working in a field that can be enhanced by these technologies, such as; virtual and augmented reality, IoT and artificial intelligence businesses.
- 9:00 – 9:30 Arrivals and Breakfast
- 9:30 – 9:45 Welcome note: Digital Catapult, Dr. Dritan Kaleshi, Head of Technology – 5G
- 9:45 – 9:55 INITIATE project overview presentation: University of Bristol, Prof. Dimitra Simeonidou, High Performance Networks
- 9:55 – 10:45 Presentations by the project partners on testbed capabilities
- 10:45 – 11:00 Presenting the INITIATE portal
- 11:00 – 11:15 Coffee Break
- 11:15 – 13:00 Group discussion on use cases
- 13:00 – 14:15 Lunch break: Demonstration of 2 use cases by Mativision and KCL
- 14:15 – 15:15 Roundtable discussions on use cases
- 15:15 – 15:30 Closing remarks