Cyber 101: Business Skills Bootcamp for cyber security startups and scaleups
Date: 27 September 2019 08:00 - 27 September 2019 16:30
Cyber 101: Business skills Bootcamps for cyber security startups and scaleups.
Digital Catapult wants to hear from cyber security companies that are interested in receiving mentorship, raising capital and accessing a wider network of public and private customers.
Successful applicants will receive tailored advice on a diverse range of topics linked to establishing and growing a successful cyber security business.
Cyber 101 is a national programme running from January 2017 – March 2021 as part of DCMS funded activity to grow the UK’s cyber security sector and the capability of cyber security startups and scaleups.
An intensive one-day Bootcamp: You’ll receive tutoring and tailored advice from industry experts on how to develop and scale up your cyber business.
Who should attend?
Whether you are an established startup looking to refine your business proposition or a mature company seeking feedback and advice on your business, you are welcome to take a part in Cyber 101 Bootcamp.
We are interested in hearing from cyber security companies operating across all UK sectors with existing product or service offerings.
Successful applicants will be invited to an intensive one-day workshop which is designed to help support cyber security enterprises hone their business skills in an open innovation environment. Topics will be followed by 1-to-1 mentoring sessions with the presenter, allowing startups and scaleups to build close connections with their peers as well as the mentors.
As an attendee, you will get a chance to:
- Receive tutoring and tailored expert advice on different topics. Topics include; development of an effective value proposition, market validation, sales and marketing techniques, international expansion, finance and capital and business models.
- Build new relationships with customers, partners and peers.
Furthermore, selected companies that successfully complete the workshop will be shortlisted for an annual Demo Day, which will provide a direct opportunity to pitch to potential customers and investors. The Demo Day will be facilitated by Inogesis (formerly VTC), The Accelerator Network and White Horse Capital.
Submit your application to Cyber 101 via the form below. The deadline to apply is Friday 13th September.
- Places will be allocated to those with the most appropriate needs, expertise, services and products in line with the Open Call.
- We aim to respond to all applications within 7 days of the call closing. However we will review applications on receipt and may allocate places before the closing date.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a brief telephone interview to judge suitability. Please be advised that experts from the Cyber 101 team will assess applications using 3 criteria: fit to Cyber 101 requirements, domain expertise, and maturity. Assessment is based on application content only.
For more information on Cyber 101 and our Bootcamps, please visit cyber101.digicatapult.org.uk