Augmentor investor and executive showcase 2020
Date: 21 January 2020 08:30 - 21 January 2020 15:00
VR and AR have the potential to transform our lives – the way we learn, the way we communicate, and the way we work. Although these technologies have been around for years, their potential still hasn’t been fully explored for reasons such as slow consumer penetration, hardware incompatibilities and lack of venture investment.
Digital Catapult launched the Augmentor acceleration programme to help overcome some of these barriers and accelerate VR/AR adoption. By bringing together investors, commercial experts and early stage companies, the programme contributes towards the development of a strong UK immersive ecosystem.
Augmentor supports top-level immersive businesses and helps them develop commercially viable solutions. Over 12 weeks it provides startups with mentorship, masterclasses, pitching workshops and access to state-of-the-art facilities.
At this final event and after participation in the tailored programme, startups will pitch their businesses and seek investment and new business collaborations.
Who should attend
This event is targeted for investors – in particular:
- Venture capitalists and representatives of investment funds
- Corporate venture firms and representatives of corporates
- Angel syndicates, networks and groups
- Individual angel investors and high net-worth individuals
This event has also been designed to suit the industry stakeholders:
From managers, executives and team members who are considering application of immersive technologies to help optimise and develop their businesses.
As an exclusive event we ask parties interested in attending to register their interest using the form below, from this we will review and confirm attendees.
This event has been designed with investors and executives in mind – providing the opportunity for the community to:
- Learn about the UK’s AR/VR ecosystem trends and opportunities
- Meet some of the best AR/VR startups in the market seeking further investment
- Network and catch-up with industry peers and the wider investor community
Startups attending the event include:
- Agile Datum – A data science company focused on improving the planning and housebuilding market
- Also Known As – An immersive storytelling, research and design studio creating immersive training tools for people who work in high-risk jobs
- Artificial Artists – A team of interactive and VFX specialists. It has developed a 3D animation platform that empowers artists to create quality 3D content for digital and immersive media
- Extend Robotics – A robotic technology company. It is developing a drone flying platform with two robotic arms, which is guided by virtual reality technology over 5G to perform manipulation tasks remotely
- Darf Design – An award winning interactive design studio located in London. In 2018 it launched a mobile platform which allows users to share 3D content in the real world using AR
- Imaged Reality – A VR and AR startup which believes immersive technologies will transform training, knowledge and skill development across the Oil & Gas, mining, construction, engineering industries and universities
- IN Reality – A software technology company, specialising in VR training systems for blue chip companies. It has a background in aerospace and now seek to enter the emerging sports VR market
- Neuro Create – A startup specialising in immersive interactive digital platforms including developing personalised immersive collaborators that spark creativity, enhance cognitive agility and lead to ‘Augmented Intelligence’ for users
- M-XR – A startup developing 3D capture technology which uses a custom engineered system and machine learning to measure and extract previously unattainable 3D information
- Resus VR – A medical training startup, which improves the decision making of healthcare professionals through exposure to VR simulations. Its goal is to create the first ‘flight simulator’ for healthcare
08:30 – Registration & breakfast
09:15 – Welcome
09:30 – Immersive investors panel
10:00 – Startup pitch (part 1)
10:30 – Coffee break
10:50 – Startup pitch (part 2)
11:20 – Immersive industry panel
12:00 – Closing remarks
12:10 – Lunch & networking
This event will be compered by Eze Vidra, partner at Remagine Ventures.
Immersive investors panel:
- HTC Vive, Dave Haynes
- Station12, Fabio La Franca
- Edge Investments, Hannah Williamson
- GMG Ventures, Denise Xifara
Immersive industry panel:
- Unity, Julian Randall (Head of Business Development)
- Microsoft, Leila Martine (Director of Product Marketing)
- Ultraleap, Jonny Codling (VP of Product)