Digital Catapult is looking for a Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Technologist to join a team of five data scientists and Machine Learning technologists, and more than 20 technologists working across different technology areas, such as 5G, immersive tech, IOT, Blockchain and more.
Technologists plan and deliver complex projects that challenge AI+ML capabilities in new applications, to drive technology adoption and economic growth.
In addition, the team works closely to accelerate innovative startups, mainly through our flagship programme Machine Intelligence Garage (migrage.ai).
This is a great role for someone with experience and qualifications in machine learning. We are also interested in hearing from individuals with an engineering background, especially in digital manufacturing, who can demonstrate knowledge of machine learning.
The role would suit an individual who is proactive, creative, flexible, smart, collaborative, a fast learner and comfortable working across all stages of projects from planning to delivery.
- Solve cutting edge AI+ML challenges with clients, startups and academic collaborators, including hands-on R&D
- Lead on technology requirements, architecture and delivery for AI and ML projects, frameworks, architectures and standards
- Initiate and help gain funding for new AI and ML projects
- Take part in innovation activities as an expert or mentor for startups and corporates
- Evangelise Digital Catapult’s mission and key programmes to a wide audience and into technical communities
- Broad and hands-on experience with key technologies in machine learning, deep learning, data science
- in terms of algorithms, data engineering, software tools and hardware. Degree in Computer Science or a related subject, a postgraduate degree would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience working with Python or similar language
- Comfortable with data driven libraries such as pandas, numpy and scipy
- Familiarity with the software development stack including git, SQL, docker
- Broad understanding of current technology debates in AI+ML, their economic implications and sustainability
- Experience in communicating complex technology topics to both specialist and general audiences
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, desire and ability to share ideas