We are looking for a digital communications and social media guru to join our marketing team. You need to have experience working within a similar role, ideally in a b2b marketing and communications environment, and a passion for tech.
This role is focused on creating high quality, impactful and timely digital and social media content alongside community management of our channels, working closely with the marketing, communications and events team to tell our story by promoting our work and impact.
The individual will integrate seamlessly into our team to drive growth across our external digital channels, as well as having day-to-day management of the website. The role will require working closely with the marketing, communications and events team, and our technical experts, alongside liaising with partners and clients to develop and promote interesting content.
Applicants must have a strong understanding of social media and digital communications, as well as analytical and creative skills. The individual should be able to understand and translate complex technical detail, understand SEO, be a skilled multitasker at ease working within a fast-paced environment and have a passion for digital technology.
The candidate is required to have solid, demonstrable experience of community management alongside detailed understanding of and experience in using a variety of digital marketing tools for content management and reporting.
- Driving growth in our social media channels by suggesting ways to improve content and audience engagement
- Increasing awareness and understanding of Digital Catapult amongst key target audiences online
- Building and maintaining a list of influencers and third party advocates and leveraging them across social activity
- Building, updating and implementing key dates calendar to amplify social activity
- Community management of our social channels
- Creating, writing and editing social media posts
- Creation of gifs, imagery, infographics and other engaging content
- Working closely with the Content Manager to develop, plan, write and distribute internal and external newsletters
- Working closely with Senior Marketing Manager and Strategic Communications Manager to plan weekly social media activity to ensure social media channels accurately reflect the variety of work from across the business
- Updating content across the website, working with Senior Marketing Manager to ensure consistency in look and feel
- Execution of events focused digital media and marketing content
- Proof reading and quality control checking across all digital communications activity
- Monthly analysis and reporting of digital communications activity
- Excellent planning, project management and organisational skills
- The ability to work independently and under pressure, as well as within a small team
- Understanding of the importance of consistency of brand messaging and tone of voice across different media channels
- Understanding of industry trends and latest relevant news
- Understanding and experience of mass email marketing and newsletters (e.g. Mailchimp)
- Decisive, quick thinker
- Skilled writer and social media enthusiast
- Solid understanding of social media tools for planning, analysis and reporting
- Advanced IT skills – knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite would be preferred but is not essential
- An appetite to learn and build knowledge