Digital Catapult is looking for a dynamic Head of Business Finance to manage all aspects of Financial planning and analysis, Commercial Finance, Project financial performance, integrity of KPI reporting and the Financial management of business collaborations and partnerships..
This should be delivered within the current and also future context of the finance transformation required to support the scaling of the organisation and the requisite operational efficiencies to processes, systems and team capabilities.
This is more than a Head of FP&A role. A business partner mentality will be vital and the appointee must be comfortable providing both financial and commercial insight.
- To manage all aspects of Financial planning and analysis, Business Development Finance, Project financial performance and the integrity of KPI reporting
- To provide timely and relevant Management information and commentary to all levels of the business including monthly management reporting, Board & Audit com reporting, on- cost centre managers and project accounting
- Optimize the FP&A process, reporting and system functionality, identifying and integrating improvements
- Build and maintain high-level knowledge across business area by staying current on initiatives, challenges and opportunities across the business. Understand associated risks and opportunities. Develop an understanding of critical business performance drivers
- Enable effective Business Partnering with the Business Development team and other key stakeholders in relation to forecasting, risk assessment, pricing and tracking and ensuring integrity of key KPIs
- Perform and lead in-depth financial analyses, build and maintain detailed growth and strategic models, and develop fact-based recommendations to help make informed business decisions
- To improve forecasting within the business and introduce efficient mechanisms for re-forecasting regularly. A key aspect in the coming year will be the financial planning in connection with the Annual work plan
- Lead and mentor a team of Finance professionals (including FP&A accountant, Grant Management Lead)
- Build strong working relationships with all areas of the business, as well as managing external stakeholder relationships
- Be a strategic thinker, hands-on and resourceful
- Passion for increasing efficiency, automation and working with new tools and systems
- Strong analytical & evaluation skills
- Ability to analyse and process information and prepare meaningful management reporting
- Ability to span spectrum of strategy discussions to tactical process development and management
- Advanced Excel, powerpoint and modelling skills essential
- Significant experience modelling and forecasting with Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with accounting systems, such, as SAP
- Project Finance and Grant funding experience an advantage
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment
- comfortable working under pressure with a service-oriented, positive attitude