Digital Catapult is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to work on a wide variety of development projects using emerging technologies. The projects are either for commercial clients testing out the capabilities of new technologies, or as part of R&D / grant-funded projects with partners. Recent and ongoing examples include a data marketplace for city IoT data, working with 8 cities across Europe, a personalisation and licensing platform for news organisations, asset tracking and condition monitoring systems for industrial and defence clients using low-power wide-area networking technologies, new blockchain and fuzzy graph search algorithms with a music industry startup. The role is within the 6-person engineering team that works closely with technologists, data scientists, designers and product managers across the organisation. It would suit and individual who is creative, flexible, smart, collaborative, a fast learner and comfortable working at multiple levels within technology stacks.
- Hands-on architecture and software development for a variety of Digital Catapult projects, ranging from rapid prototypes or proofs of concept to production platforms and development of open source components
- End-to-end participation from initial design iterations, technical feasibility right through to testing frameworks, deployment tools and production
- Production troubleshooting, performance testing and monitoring together with the devops team
- Experience in more complex distributed & decentralised systems, with distributed ledger / blockchain platforms, or a good knowledge of the underlying algorithms and principles
- Hands on experience of working in a collaborative agile environment, working with test-driven or behaviour-driven development and continuous deployment, and able to handle <br>multiple projects at different stages of development as well as operational issues
- Ideally technical experience with deployed IoT projects for connected homes, cities, healthcare or similar, working with embedded software and device networking
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Proactive and self-confident, adaptable and able to cope with ambiguity, changing and evolving priorities whilst being able to identify new opportunities.