We are looking for a talented service experience designer to join Digital Catapult!
As an experience designer at Digital Catapult you are curious about what makes people and organisations tick, passionate about how new technologies can impact their experiences and how that in turn creates opportunities for businesses large and small.
Experience designers at Digital Catapult deliver design projects and help others understand the value of design. We embrace a hands-on and collaborative approach across the entire lifecycle of projects including; planning, scoping, conducting and delivery of quantitative and qualitative research and design activities.
It is a great opportunity to work together with specialists, government, academics and industry at the cutting edge of emerging technologies – machine learning, 5G, IoT, blockchain, augmented and virtual reality – and help speed up their adoption in the UK’s creative and manufacturing sectors.
Please submit your cover letter and portfolio alongside your CV with your application (single PDF).
- You will be gathering insights, defining and designing for a range of products, programmes and facilities
- from mobile and desktop web applications and dashboards, IoT devices and 5G systems, mixed reality interfaces, printed and digital collateral through to masterclasses for startups, internal workshops and the experiences of our facilities
- You will work closely with the experience design lead and with business developers, innovation managers, project delivery managers and developers at Digital Catapult to plan projects, research, design and test prototypes, proofs of concept, pilots or minimum lovable products and programmes
- You will plan and facilitate workshops and conduct research activities with clients and teams to identify customer needs, audiences, requirements and define value propositions
- You will assist, guide and mentor other designers and non-designers in the organisation, and the people we work with on how to best use human centred design processes, methods and tools.
- You can speak to everyone in their language. You’re a great visual thinker, storyteller, communicator and team player
- You’re persuasive in an good way. You are a confident and skilled service experience designer and that makes others want to go with you on the journey
- You can switch your perspective easily and you enjoy working on multiple projects with different teams at the same time
- You love sinking your teeth into complex digital challenges and comfortable translating these into simple-to-grasp concepts
- You are an experienced hands-on designer who is as happy to pick up a sharpie as you are using Adobe CS, sketch or invision. You’re able to rapidly prototype concepts and take them through to high fidelity designs that our developers work with
- You have proven experience working as a service designer (or similar) at a senior level in industry or at a consultancy
- You have a varied portfolio of work that you’re proud of and that demonstrates your visual skills, process, research rigour and outcomes