The UK has embarked on an ambitious program of work on 5G as a key step towards advanced future communications infrastructure that can enable a step-change in the digitalisation of industries. An enabler for this is the funding and coordination of trial and testvbed programme by the Government Dept. for Digital Culture Media and Sport. Based in London, this role with Digital Catapult offers an exciting mix of activities and opportunities to work at the cutting edge of technology engagement with 5G. You will work in partnership with cutting edge start-ups and scale-ups, and with innovation and R&D activities from large industry players in order to deliver technology feasibility and develop underlying business cases to enable digital innovation using 5G in given industry sectors. You will have good technical knowledge or equivalent commercial exposure to 5G technology in a product development role on 5G systems. You must have previous experience in a technical role managing R&D, working in multidisciplinary teams and/or delivering use case technology feasibility analyses.
This is a very exciting and unique project in the UK, right at the centre of the UK ambition to meaningfully support faster 5G adoption.
- Business case analysis and design of intervention mechanisms for 5G adoption in specific vertical industries
- Ongoing management of allocated technical issues in the development and delivery of 5G activities, including technology-focused market opportunity analysis in specific industry verticals
- Coordination and resolution of issues resulting from development and delivery of Digital Catapult’s 5G Testbed Innovation Programme
- Ongoing engagement with industry, standards development bodies, regulators, academic and research institutions and local areas to deliver the Programme’s approach to development of a successful test bed ecosystem
- Design of the technical aspects of test beds and trials, and provision of 5G test networks
- Providing technical advice and support to the development and delivery of the technical activities in the Digital Catapult, including our own 5G test beds and liaison with other 5G test beds across the UK
- Track record in undertaking or managing similar technical roles in either technical, commercial or research and development contexts
- A strong background and demonstrable knowledge in one or more mobile technologies, core networks and solutions architectures, including a good understanding of the challenges and opportunities that evolving digital communications brings for vertical industry sectors
- Evidence of engaging successfully with a wide range of stakeholders, including in the mobile telecoms sector and/or relevant areas of one or more vertical industry sectors, actively building and maintaining a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills coupled with excellent analytical and reasoning skills, readily able to multi-task with a creative and flexible attitude
- University degree in a relevant discipline with extensive and appropriate industry experience.