We are looking for an experienced and organised technical operations manager to join our engineering team and to lead ongoing operations across our various environments. In our internal IT environment we manage more than 100 SAAS/On premise applications such as Adobe, GSuite, Slack, Salesforce and Webex running on different mobile devices (MAC, Windows, Mobile phones). We also run 5-10 labs and testbeds around the UK where we demonstrate and experiment with cutting edge technologies such as: 5G networks, immersive (VR and AR), the Machine Intelligence Garage hosting AI computing resources, and a large-scale low-power wide-area network.
Your role will be to provide hands on technical operational management for all of these environments. You will be responsible for uptime and guaranteeing SLAs. You will manage our suppliers, budget, assets, and proactively improve the efficiency and quality of our services.
We expect you to have the right technical background to understand networking and security concepts. From time to time you might be doing some system administration yourself, so a knowledge in technologies such as Windows Servers, Cisco switches, Meraki Wireless, Palo Alto Firewalls, VMware and configuration management via SCCM and JAMF JSS is required.
- Own day to day operations for technology labs and testbeds, working with technologists, engineers and lab / testbed managers
- Task management of the internal IT Support team for both Helpdesk and internal strategic projects
- Manage suppliers and ensure that we follow our procurement process and collect financial reports for the budget review and forecast meetings
- Design, track and manage internal IT projects to specifications as well as acting as technical lead on projects when required
- Help mentor the IT team and ensure they are constantly professional and follow best practice with technical projects and support
- Manage monitoring, dashboards and alerting across Monitor the labs, testbeds and internal infrastructure and ensure that any outages are dealt with using the incident management process, while proposing improvements to our existing systems
- This is a very hands-on role and you should be prepared to be at one minute working at the very detailed level and at the next advising the IT management team
- Technical operations management experience across a varied set of internal and external live services
- Extensive experience of technical support in a Windows Desktop / Server OS and MacOS environment
- Strong experience in setting up and managing endpoint configuration management solutions such as Casper, SCCM, Intune and Group Policy
- Strong technical knowledge of server operating systems, software, hardware and Cisco Networks
- Excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail and process
- Experienced in managing small teams in a fast paced environment