Digital Catapult runs numerous innovation and acceleration programmes in which it wishes to partner with investment businesses. The Engagement Manager – Investor Relations is an exciting new role designed to strengthen current relationships and foster new partnerships between Digital Catapult within venture capital, angel and corporate innovation/venture communities and individual investment companies.
The right candidate will play an integral part in forging connections across the external stakeholder community whilst working collaboratively with a dynamic team. The desired goal is to demonstrate impact to both investor and investee businesses through value led engagement activities which translate into measurable outcomes. This role will work closely with the Acceleration Programmes Lead and report to the Director of Policy & Strategy.
- Building on existing and realising new partnerships with investor companies and the community more broadly
- Developing a portfolio of services and engagement activities for investors that will ultimately become a revenue stream
- Supporting the businesses on our innovation and acceleration programmes to engage investors
- Working with the investment community to increase investment appetite in advanced digital technologies such as artificial intelligence, immersive and future networks (5G, IoT and LPWAN)
- Conducting desk research to identify national and global investment trends.
- Experience working with business growth programmes such as incubators, accelerators, or directly with venture capital, private equity or a business that provides services to investors
- General experience with early stage businesses seeking investment
- Comfortable dealing with financial and legal terminology - equity, convertible notes, funding cycles, etc
- Good understanding or keen interest in the technology sector
- Proactive and self-confident, adaptable and able to cope with ambiguity, changing and evolving priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build relationships
- Driven self-starter with excellent analytical skills.