We are looking for a built environment specialist to help us investigate the use and potential impact of Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT, including the technology known as ‘blockchain’) within the AECO (architecture, engineering, construction and operation) sector.
- Formulate hypothesis about relevant use-cases and applications for distributed ledger technologies within the construction industry
- Confirm the viability of these hypothesis by undertaking a ‘DLT-Readiness survey’ of the UK’s construction firms, gathering data about leading companies within the AECO sector, their internal digital transformation processes, the availability of their data sources, and the internal DLT explorations already underway
- Formalise findings by contributing into a “Shape of the Nation” report on distributed-ledger technologies, mapping out the the current barriers to exploitation of DLT technologies within the AECO sector, and the development capabilities and live projects that exist on the ground in the UK to meet these challenges
- Proven experience gathering and curating data related to the construction industry
- Proven experience undertaking digital transformation programs within the construction industry
- A good understanding of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, but also of the requirements needed to develop and deliver successfully innovation and R&D programmes.