Based in London, this role offers an exciting mix of activities focused on the practical development of technology R&D projects at Digital Catapult, with a mix of software engineering and R&D. The projects will vary over time and will be within technologies including distributed ledgers and digital trust, AI and machine learning, internet of things, low power wide area and 5G networks, immersive technologies (virtual, augmented and mixed reality).
The successful candidate will join a 40-strong technology and engineering team, with experience from startups and top universities. It is a great opportunity to work at the cutting edge of new technologies, learn new skills and deliver valuable R&D that helps speed up the adoption of advanced digital technologies in the UK.
- Own the development and implementation aspects of one or more R&D projects at Digital Catapult
- Work collaboratively with technologists, engineers, designers, project and product managers
- Work closely with project partners (who are sometimes across Europe), or commercial clients, to ensure successful delivery
- Share expertise and communicate work in presentations, blogs or articles
- Continue to develop and learn new technologies, investigate and propose new project directions
- Work within a team to craft new funding bids or commercial pitches
- Experience working in technology research projects, within a university or company research group. PhD or Masters in Computer Science or similar fields an advantage
- Comfortable with collaborative and agile processes, working with git, devops automation tools, AWS, web services
- A good communicator with a creative attitude, with evidence of successful innovation projects
- Experience or interest in prototyping solutions using distributed ledger / blockchain technologies (e.g. Ethereum)
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, interest to learn new tools and topics, ability
to cope with changing and evolving priorities.