The UK government has set out that by 2030, 35% of the UK’s mobile network traffic is to be carried by Open RAN architectures. In order to support this goal, SONIC Labs has set out a series of market insights and educational activities to support Open RAN vendors in bringing their products closer to market, as well as helping to inform industry and adopters on opportunities with Open RAN technology.
The aims of these activities are to support innovators with solutions at a higher Technology Readiness Level (TRL) with potential new routes to market and technical testing, provide brand exposure and access to potential clients, identify industry-led use cases and support industry and investors in understanding challenges and opportunities for the implementation of Open RAN 5G. These activities have been designed to support vendors, adopters and other key stakeholders within the Open RAN ecosystem through a variety of networking, webinar and workshop sessions.
We have a variety of events that will be occurring up till the end of 2023. If you would be interested in attending or taking part in any of the events, please enter a registration of interest form below and one of the SONIC Labs team members will be in touch.
System Integrator Session – Online – POSTPONED to early 2024
System Integrators are set to become one of the key components to ensuring the adoption and growth of Open RAN technology. In order to successfully deploy Open RAN, it has been widely appreciated that there will need to be a main point of contact for those looking to deploy Open RAN in order to minimise complexity and cost. We are looking to bring together System Integrators actively involved in Open RAN and those looking to open up into Open RAN to share the challenges and opportunities of entering this space.
Audience: This event is suitable for System Integrators that are looking to grow their services in System integration and understand the opportunities and challenges of integrating Open RAN in the UK.
Consortia Building Session – Online – February 2024
- Open RAN vendors
- System Integrators
- Testing Labs (international, national, government and commercial)
- Government officials from international and UK based departments
Join us in any of our events to learn more about:
- The specific challenges and successful approaches to integration and interoperability of disaggregated and software-centric Open RAN network solutions and multi-vendor implementation.
- Learn more about the adoption of Open RAN in industry and Open RAN market trends
- Hear from high profile speakers across the telecoms ecosystem.
- Opportunity to meet important players in the ecosystem including MNOs, SIs, testing labs, Open RAN vendors
Each activity within this market readiness series has a different audience depending on if it focused on suppliers and vendors of Open RAN or adopters/ end users of Open RAN. You will find this information under each activity.
The latest agendas will be shared closer to each activity throughout the year. If you are interested in taking part or speaking in any of the above activities, please fill out a register your interest form below.
Register your interest
About the programme
SmartRAN Open Network Interoperability Centre (SONIC) Labs is a commercially-neutral, collaborative, environment for testing interoperability and integration of open, disaggregated and software-centric network solutions and multi-vendor architectures.
It has been designed to offer network vendors, operators and integration companies:
- A place for collaborative, peer-assisted, integration and interoperability testing of products and solutions at a pre-commercial development stage, addressing the challenges of multi-vendor end-to-end solutions
- A technical platform. A commercially-neutral, multi-tenancy open network testbed providing real world indoor and outdoor scale environments, including test and measurement capabilities
- A programme focused on helping vendors accelerate technology development and early stage integration work, with targeted innovation and acceleration activities
Apply to join SONIC Labs, an eleven-month technical programme to accelerate the technology development of your Open RAN products and…
Digital Catapult and Ofcom unveil first of its kind Open RAN testing facilities in the UK
17 Mar 2023